It is a legal obligation for every rented property to have a CP12, annual, gas safety check. The gas safety check has to be carried out on each gas appliance in the property.
As a landlord, it is your responsibility to have the gas safety check performed for the safety of your tenants. Your liabilities relate to all the gas appliances in the property and any flues. You must guarantee that appliances are working properly and protect against the risks of any carbon monoxide presence.
At Celmeng Plumbing and Heating we provide landlords, estate agents and tenants gas safe checks and certificates at a suitable time. We understand the rigorous regulations our clients have to adhere to and we have made sure all our engineers follow the strict regulations landlords and letting agents are subject to. All our gas engineers are Gas Safe™ Registered, ensuring you receive service and work of the highest quality. If any of the appliances have any problems we will provide free no obligation quote to carry out necessary repairs to make the appliance safe.
Gas Safety checks include:
- System check to ensure that there aren’t any gas leaks in the property
- Pressure checks like burner pressure
- Ventilation checks
- Flue flow test to ensure by-products of combustion are properly taken care off
- Acceptable operation of flame failure devices
- Readings of tests monitored against the manufacturer’s data plate
- Any installation flaws that may result in unsafe operation of the gas appliances
Charges for the gas certificate is £69.99 for up to 2 gas appliances, any additional appliance will cost additional £30 per appliance.
If your property or any appliance needs any checks or certificate then please contact us.